Friday, March 17, 2006

MySpace is a disease

Yes, you heard me correctly. MySpace is a disease. And not just a benign disease either. This is a serious, aggressive, pernicious disease. One that seems hell-bent on taking over the internet. In fact, this vile, filthy, perverted disease has risen to be in the top ten sites globally. Yes, top ten English sites in the world. Like a particularly aggressive cancer, it is consuming all in its path. Why do I call MySpace a disease? Just go over there and start looking at random sites. Aesthetically they make me want to puke and gouge my eyes out with rusty nails in turns. Cluttered beyond belief with no actual content buried in the dross. Abundant grainy photos that look like they were taken by fatally intoxicated, blind donkeys (no opposable thumbs) adorn most sites. Guys who look like they have glued a pair of pubes on their chin to make them look more manly epitomize the word "poser". Girls apparently striving to be the next big Playboy model toss up "glamour" shots of themselves willy-nilly. But what concerns me the most are supposedly intelligent, bright people who are jumping on the bandwagon. I have seen a couple of prog metal bands that I really respect pimping their MySpace site. I suppose this just exemplifies the axiom that there is no such thing as bad publicity. Come on though! Did they actually even check out MySpace before they started their sites? Are these the people you want to attract? I suppose publicity is the key, and with the disturbing growth of MySpace they are sure to get that. But there is just something about MySpace that turns my stomach. Oh, right, that disease thing.

2 comments:

  1. I totally agree. Myspace is way too bulky and the user pages are hideous. Even though it's the most popular social site right now, I never go on there.

    It's a disease in need of a cure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree. Hideous, little to no organization and regulation. It just needs to go.

    Thanks for the comment.

    ReplyDelete